USHA Collegiate Program Mission Statement: It is the mission of the United States Handball Association’s Collegiate Program to promote, develop, and expand the sport of handball at the collegiate level.
Our goal is to increase awareness of handball’s lifelong benefits to university administrators and student athletes; and support recruitment and participation in a yearly intercollegiate competition.
Entry and Eligibility
- December 22-Graduate Hotel reservations
- January 19-Appeals
- January 22-Best Western Reservations
- January 22 (5 pm eastern)-Coaches call
- Thursday, February 2-Payment and entry forms
- Friday, February 3-Player seeding information
- Friday, February 10-Verification letters
- Monday, February 13-First draft sent to coaches
- Wednesday, February 15 (5 pm eastern)-First challenges
- Thursday, February 16-Second drafts sent to coaches
- Saturday, February 18 (5 pm eastern)-Final Challenges
- February 20-Final seedings posted on website
- February 22 (2 pm)-play may begin
- February 26-(12 pm)-play ends
- March 3-Articles due
- On-line forms: WOMEN, MEN
- Please take a look at Skills before completing the online or mail back forms. We hope to not just a ranking of players on your team but a sense of their skills and how they compare to other players on your team. When combined with last years results we will create our first draft.
- Challenges policy-First round challenges do not require any written reason. A written reason for challenges in the second round will require a written reason.
- Returning player seeding policy-Players will be seeded above where they finished in the previous years unless they zero-pointed in the previous year. Requests to a seed below where they finished must be in writing and include the reason for the request.
The new naming conventions will be broken into Open, A, B, and C Divisions for the men and women draws. Each Division will contain a number of brackets based upon the number of players in a division.
- Open Division – Open Bracket
- A Division – A1, A2, A3 Brackets
- B Division – B1, B2, B3, Brackets
- C Division – C1, C2, C3 Brackets
- Open Division– Open Bracket
- A Division – A1, A2 Brackets
- B Division – B1, B2 Brackets
- C Division - C Bracket
To categorize teams for Open, A, or B team titles, you would take the AVERAGE of the players’ seeds. For the 2015 men’s draw, to find the three Divisions you would divide the total number of entrants by 3, e.g. 162 entrants / 3 = 54.
- Open Division up to 54
- A Division 55 – 108
- B Division 109 - 162
To qualify for a team title, a school would still need to have a minimum of three players in a gender. Points would be calculated exactly how they were in 2015. The schools would have been divided as follows in the Men’s 2015 tournament using this method.
- Wall chart-Draws will be posted on the wall in a diamond shape to reflect where players move to as the players either win or lose in the first two rounds.
- Women's Divisions (template)
- Men's Divisions (template)
- Times- Thursday (TBD), Friday (TBD), Saturday (TBD)
- Location-Sun Devil Fitness Complex-Well Devil Suite (first floor)
- Times Wednesday (12:30 pm), Saturday (3:30 or 4:00 pm)
- Agendas-Wednesday-(meet and greet/tournament information), Saturday- (awards, articles, election, governance)
- All Tournament -(semi and finalist Open division both genders)
- All American-top 4 (or more in case of tie) American players in top 16 Singles or finalists of Open Doubles
- Sportsmanship (both genders)
- Most Improved Player (both genders based on 2016 finish/2017 finish)